Costa Rica is a fabulous country for doing business or for leisure travel.
The Capital is San Jose and the metropolitan area population is around 2.1 million.
Climate: 69 to 78 degree Fahrenheit in the central valley, 72 to 92 degree Fahrenheit on coastal areas. Costa Rica has over 110 micro-climates.
- Area: 51,100 sq. km (19,730 sq. mi.)
- Nationality: Costa Rican(s) also named Ticos or Ticas
- Currency: Colón (CRC)
- Overall Population (2011): 4.5 million.
- Annual population growth rate (2010 est.): 1.347%.
- Work force (2009 est.): 2,500,000 workers
- Religion: The population is mostly Catholic and a 15% is Evangelical Protestant Languages: Spanish is the main language and an average of 30% of the population is speaking English.
In February 2010, Laura Chinchilla of the National Liberation Party (PLN)
won the popular election with 46.72% of the vote. She is the first woman
President to be elected in Costa Rica.
Costa Rica is a Democratic Republic with a strong constitution system and the highest standard of living in Central America. The Government abolished the military army in 1948. The country itself is unique for its political democracy, its green economic standard and as a pioneer in sustainable development. It provides a model in which economic and environmental interests are complementary.
There are 3 international sea ports and 2 international airports. Many airlines have daily, non-stop flights to the USA, Canada, and Europe.
Costa Rica has a privileged location in the heart of Central America. It is located between the Pacific and the Atlantic Ocean. This lovely country is well known for his nature and his wonderful wildlife. The dry season goes from December up to May.
The National Geographic Institute have done a study and they found out that in Costa Rica, the small city named ¨Atenas¨ has the best climate of the world.
For more information on Costa Rica, feel free to contact us.